Welcome Plateau of Asiago 7 Comuni

8 towns to discover

Asiago Conco Enego Foza
Gallio Lusiana Roana Rotzo

If you like the Asiago Plateau click

l'Altopiano di Asiago 7 Comuni

Asiago Plateau

» Conco

Comune di Conco

Conco, cimbro Kunken (step), first breaking of the Comune di Lusiana, was added to the municipalities ofAsiago plateau in 1796. At 830 m above sea level, Conco is located halfway between the Venetian plain and the Asiago plateau. As with other towns on the plateau, the winters are very cold and temperatures can reach the -20° C in the deepest valleys.

Piazza San Marco is the heart of Conco, and here lies the parish in honor of its Patron Saint, la Madonna della Neve, celebrated on August 5With the lightning, mountains Malcroba and Montagnanova surround Conco towering over 1300 metres, interrupted by stretches of pastures and forests.

Conco derives its fame from quarries scattered throughout the territory, from which they extract marble to three types: Rosso Asiago, Rosa Perlino & White Asiago. Because of its location between mountain and plain, Conco can give thrilling glimpses: when the sky is clear the gaze roams to the Venice lagoon.

Just 5 km from Conco lie the famous resorts of Val Lastaria and Biancoia, very popular for winter tourism; which provide a link to the ski bottom long 10 km, 9 lifts for Alpine skiing (downhill skiing), ski slopes for children and beginners.

Among the several districts of Conco (over 60, counting the contrade) there is Rubbio, the highest altitude with its 1057 m and divided between mountain and plain, half under the city of Bassano del Grappa. By Rubbio you can capture the best views of the plateau, from here one can reach in fact up to the small Dolomites, to Monte Grappa and the Pale di San Martino.

Drinking fountains and Gomarolo are the other major fractions of Conco, the latter reached the road from Marostica to Conco. While in the village of Santa Caterina, located on the southern slope of the Asiago plateau and shared with the Comune di Lusiana, stands a small church which houses the relic of the Holy thorn and an altarpiece by Jacopo Bassano.