Other forts and museums
Asiago's old prisons are now home to the Prisons Museum, which periodically hosts exhibitions and thematic exhibitions often dedicated to the art, history and traditions of the Highland region. A truly evocative place, where the works are also exhibited in the rooms that were once the cells, thanks to the maintenance of thea original internal conformation..
Educational Naturalistic Museum "Patrizio Rigoni"
The Asiago NaturalIstic Museum is a museum structure that preserves and exhibits naturalistic records related to the territory of the Asiago Plateau Seven Municipalities. In addition, it also carries out educational, dissemination and research activities, proposing itself as a cultural reference point for citizens and tourists of the Plateau on all issues related to the natural sciences.
Location: Kaberlaba, Asiago
Museum designed by the Seven Municipalities Speleological Group, it is dedicated to the "water" and the role that this important resource has playedin the history and development of the Highland territory and itspeople. It spreads theknowledge of the water resource from a scientific, historical, social and artistic point of view.
Leiten Sacrary Museum
The Military Sacrament of Asiago is one of the main ossuaries of the Great War. Near the entrance to the crypt-ossuary, you can access and visit the small museum of the Sacrario, where are exhibited several war artifacts, collected on the battlefields of the Plateau, documents and vintage photographs. In particular, the left-wing sector is devoted to the two-year period 1915-1916, while the section on the right focuses on the period 1917-1918.
Archaeological Museum of the Plateau of the Seven Municipalities
Location: Rotzo Castle
The Archaeological Museum Seven Municipalities (MASC) is located in Castelletto di Rotzo. Inside you can findhistorical and prehistoric historians, coming from all over the Plateau, which testify to the thousand-year-old presence (since prehistory) of Man in our territory.
Bostel Archaeological Park
Location: Rotzo Castle
The Bostel is a sunny plateau located in Castelletto di Rotzo, where the remains of an ancient mountain village dating back to the Second Iron Age (V-I century BC) were found in the late 1700s. In the archaeological site there is a faithful reconstruction of a dwelling of the time, to discover how our ancestors lived.
Historical Museum of the Great War 1915 - 1918
Location: Canoes of Roana
Set up at the former Canove railway station in Roana, along the cycle-pedestrian route of the Old Train Road, the Historical Museum of the Great War collects war artifacts, weapons, helmets, personal belongings belonging to soldiers, original maps and photos of the First World War period.All the artifacts come from the battlefields of the Plateau, which was one of the most bloody theaters of the war '15 - '18.
Location: Cesuna di Roana
This particular and curious museum, born from the passion of the collector Gianfranco Valente, collects thousands of cuchi, characteristic terracotta whistles from all over the world and from even very distant eras, which are also part of the folk tradition of the Plateau: every year, in fact, on St. Mark's Day (April 25) in Canove is celebrated the Festival of the Cuchi.
Museum of Cimbra Tradition
The Museum of cimbra Tradition collects documents and testimonies of the cimbra culture, offering the opportunity to the visitor to learn about the language and traditions of theCimbri. Inside you can find many objects related to the work of farmers, artisans and lumberjacks, as well as a rich photographic and literary documentation and all the publications of the Institute of Cimbra Culture.
Location: Mount Interrupted, Asiago
Located at 1392m on Mount Interrotto, from which it takes its name, the Interrupted Fort is a defensive military barracks built in the second half of the 19th century with the purpose of controlling and supervising the Assa Valley and transformed into a fortress at the outbreak of the First World War. In fact, as early as May 1916, during the Strafexpedition, it was occupied by the Austrians, who used it as an excellent vantage point towards the Italian positions in front. The fort, in fact, stands in a beautiful position, overlooking the entire central conca of the Plateau.
Recently restored, the Stopped Fort is within walking distance of the military road of about 4 km that starts from the village of Camporovere of Roana.
Location: Campolongo, Rotzo
Forte Campolongo is located at the town of the same name, in the territory of Rotzo, and overlooks with walls overlooking the underlying Val d'Astico. The Verena Fort's "Twin" was equipped with four 149 mm steel cannons in armored revolving domes and 4 bronze domes, as well as being equipped with machine guns and 280 battery-powered howitzers nearby.
Hard hit as early as the summer of 1915, with the Strafexpedition he was disarmed of the three remaining guns, thus passing into Austrian hands until the end of the conflict.
Location: Mount Verena, Roana
Located at 2020m on top of Mount Verena, Fort Verena is also known as the "Dominator of the Plateau". It is from here that, at 4 o'clock on 24 May 1915, the first cannon shot was fired that sanctioned Italy's entry into the First World War.
He was armed with four 149-A guns, which in the early days of the conflict contributed to serious damage to the Austrian strongmen Verle and Spitz Vezzena. But as early as June 12, when a 305 mortar shell fired by the Austrians hit the Italian fortress, the Fort Verena was disarmed at the behest of the Supreme Command and used as an observatory until 1916, when it finally fell into enemy hands during the Spring Offensive.
© ASIAGO.IT - Reserved Playback
All rights reserved.